Bell school open for summer season
The Monroe County Historical Association's Bell School is now open for the summer season. The Bell School, located near Stormsville on Cherry Valley Road in Hamilton Township, was built about 1860 and was used until 1953. It was given its name because it was the only school with a bell in the cupola on the roof.
The typical one-room brick school houses a collection of books, artifacts and pictures to give the flavor of a small school in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Volunteer docents will be available with information about the school and its pupils.
During the months of July and August, the Bell School will be open on Sundays from 1-4 p.m. Admission is free, but donations are gratefully accepted. Parking is available directly in front of the school. For information, please contact the Monroe County Historical Association at (570) 421-7703 or firstname.lastname@example.org