Among the Tamaqua Historical Society holdings
Among the holdings of the the Tamaqua Historical Society are property and records that chronicle the history of the town, founded 1799. These include:
1848 Thomas Hegary Blacksmith Shop, donated in 1973
1801 Burkhardt Moser Log Home
1942 New Haven Caboose, donated by Conrail
1951 Mack Fire Truck, donated by Atlas Powder Co.
1905 Miners National Bank Building and Tamaqua Area Chamber of Commerce office, donated by Miners National Bank.
Records of the Tamaqua Chapter of the United Spanish American War Veterans
Records of the Tamaqua Women's Club
Records of East Penn Transportation Co., including trolley and bus
Records of the United Mineworkers Association
Records of the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad
The society's membership is comprised strictly of volunteers. They are folks who hold down full-time jobs and have typical family responsibilities, yet find time to preserve precious elements of Tamaqua's past. In addition, these same volunteers organize the community's two largest festivals: the Tamaqua Summerfest, held every Father's Day in June, and the Tamaqua Heritage Festival, held on the second Sunday in October.