Polk roads classifications to be upgraded
An upgrade in the classification of Polk Township roads is in the works, as per 3-0 approval by township supervisors Monday evening.
Also in the works is a zoning ordinance amendment concerning allowing churches in the commercial zone as a conditional use. A public hearing will be held for the latter at 7 p.m., Monday, March 8, preceding the next regularly scheduled supervisors meeting.
Getting a 3-0 nod, some with conditions, also were several plans or actions pertaining to said plans, including:
• The Paul W. Geer minor subdivision on Lower Middlecreek Road, with the stipulated conditions including getting planning module approval from DEP, obtaining preliminary driveway permits, notarization and signatures;
• Approval of the planning module for the Louis and Carol Herfurth minor subdivision;
• A time extension of 180 days for the final subdivision plan of lands of Richard and Eileen Yacenko-Devens and annexation of lands of Michael and Tammy Held;
• The granting of allowing a disturbance of the stream buffer for the Walter and Betsy Bojko subdivision plan and meeting other conditions;
• Receiving an update on the Vernon Frable subdivision plan.
Reports included the fire company chief's enumeration of January calls, totaling 14, and the codes and zoning officer reporting that his office had issued 23 permits, including four for new homes.
The township engineer reported that the pre-engineered wood frame building was "substantially complete," and the board and he should do a walk-through and develop a punch list of little things that needed to be completed yet.
The supervisors approved the codes and zoning officer commencing action against a property owner in Eldo Lakes in the Court of Common Pleas in regard to an ongoing malfunction and announced several upcoming events of which they had been notified, including a forum by the League of Women Voters to be held from 10 a.m. to noon at the Hughes Easter Monroe Public Library.
An executive session was held at meeting's end, pertaining to personnel matters.