Skip to main content

On this date

Published December 31. 2010 05:00PM

The cannibal costume worn by William Davis, 32, of Coaldale, which occasioned much merriment on New Year's eve in the mummers' parade at Summit Hill caused painful injuries when the torch he was carrying ignited the flimsy straw which was a part of the outfit. Davis was rushed to Coaldale hospital where he is receiving treatment for burns of the face and shoulder. When Davis' screams attracted attention to his plight, a number of people standing along the line of march rolled the unfortunate man in the snow.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been fi...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries