Country, rock, & pop at the Peak
Ron Gower/TIMES NEWS The 80s rock band Slaughter, consisting of Mark Slaughter (pictured), Dana Strum, Blas Elias, and Jeff "Blando" Bland, will be returning to Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe on March 25. Also performing will be Jani Lane, formerly of Warrant.
The Saw Doctors, who have +achieved much success in their home country of Ireland, are going to be touring in the United States and Penn's Peak is one of their stops.
Formed in 1986 in Tuam, County Galway, they have achieved 18 singles in the Top 30 in Ireland, including three number ones.
Their first number one, "I Useta Lover," topped the Irish charts for nine consecutive weeks in 1990, and still holds the record for the country's all-time biggest-selling single.
The Penn's Peak performance is on Saturday, March 5. Opening is AM Taxi, a Chicago-based band which records on the Virgin Records label.
Although the Saw Doctors have released only six studio albums over their two-decade career, their live shows have brought them international renown.
Also coming to Penn's Peak in 2011 is Dickey Betts and Great Southern. Betts is a founder of the Allman Brothers Band.
He'll be at the venue on Feb. 18.
On Saturday, Feb. 12, Parrot Heads will be treated to a concert by Parrotbeach, a Jimmy Buffet Tribute band.
There are a lot of different music genres on the 2011 Penn's Peak calendar.
For rock fans, Slaughter and Jani Lane (formerly of Warrant) will be at Penn's Peak on March 25.
Country music lovers can look forward to Loretta Lynn and Travis Tritt. Lynn appears on March 19 while Tritt will be here on April 29.
Yellow Brick Road, an Elton John tribute band, has a February 5 date.
And don't forget to visit the Penn's Peak Web site for the lineup of 2011 luncheon shows.
• 30 - Rusted Root, 8 p.m. Tickets $24 advance, $29 day of show.
• 22 - Gregg Allman, 8 p.m. Tickets $37 and $32.
• 4 - Rubix Kube- The Ultimate 80's Tribute Band, 8 p.m. Tickets $15 advance, $20 day of show.
• 5 - Yellow Brick Road- A Tribute to Elton John, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 11 - An Evening with Railroad Earth, 8 p.m. Tickets $20 advance, $25 day of show.
• 12 - Parrotbeach- A Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band , 8 p.m. Tickets $15 advance, $20 day of show.
• 18 - Dickey Betts and Great Southern. 8 p.m. Tickets $27 advance, $32 day of show.
• 24 - The Pink Floyd Experience, 8 p.m. tickets $35 and $30.
• 5 - The Saw Doctors, with opening act AM Taxi, 8 p.m. Tickets $29 and $24.
• 11 - ARRIVAL- The Music of ABBA, 8 p.m. Tickets $28 and $23.
• 12 - Big Shot, The Ultimate Billy Joel Experience, 8 p.m. Tickets $17 advance, $22 day of show.
• 19 - Loretta Lynn. Opening act, The Secret Sister, 8 p.m. Tickets $48 and $38.
• 25 - Slaughter & Jani Lane, 8 p.m. Tickets $24 advance, $29 day of show.
• 26 - Molly Hatchet & Blackfoot, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 day of show.
• 14 - Dave Mason, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance, $27 day of show. (Tickets on sale Saturday).
• 29 - Travis Tritt, 8 p.m. Tickets $42 and $37. (Tickets on sale Saturday).
• 24 - Uriah Heep, 8 p.m. Tickets $22 advance and $27 day of show. (Tickets on sale Saturday).
• 26 - Styx, 8 p.m. Tickets $49 and $44.