Miller-Keystone Blood Center announces upcoming blood drives
Miller-Keystone Blood Center has announced upcoming blood drives for the first month of 2011.
• Sunday, Jan. 9, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Zion United Church of Christ, 225 Iron St, Lehighton, call Judy Greig at (610) 577-5040.
• Wednesday, Jan. 12, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., St. Luke's Miner's Memorial, 360 W. Ruddle St, Coaldale, contact Bill Paslawsky at (570) 645-8222.
• Monday, Jan. 17, from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Slatington American Legion, 510 Main St, Slatington, PA; call Gary Levan at (610) 395-5696.
• Tuesday, Jan 18, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hazleton General Hospital, 700 E. Broad St, Hazleton, call Janet Witkowski at (570) 501-6204.
• Tuesday, Jan. 18, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Mount Bethel Volunteer Fire Co., 2341 N. Delaware Ave Rt. 611, Mt. Bethel, call Marie D'Amato at (800) 223-6667.
• Thursday, Jan. 27, from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 149 Lafayette Ave, Tamaqua, call (570) 668-1775,
Individuals registering to donate at any MKBC community blood drive or donor center during the month of January can also enter a raffle for the chance to win a $500 VISA gift card to help pay for some holiday bills. For more information on this or other upcoming promotions, visit the Blood Center's website at www.GiveAPint.