Skip to main content

Fire scare at Edgement

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published December 09. 2010 05:00PM

Wednesday around 11:30 a.m. firefighters, ambulance and rescue volunteers from Lansford, Coaldale, Summit Hill, and Tamaqua were called to the Edgemont Lodge Assisted Living Personal Care Home, Lansford, after an employee reported an electric fire as she smelled something burning and couldn't trace its origin. She called 911 as a precautionary measure. The smell was traced to a heating unit in the basement. Despite evacuation preparation, no one was evacuated, as the scene was secured in a timely manner.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Faith Alive UMC hosts ‘Revival on Purpose!’

40.804927, -75.656958

Faith Alive UMC, 678...

Pumpkin social in Tamaqua

40.7986307, -75.9683447

Zion Lutheran Church...

Feed the People hosts Halloween celebration

40.830215, -75.88356

Feed the People is h...

STEP-Up Tamaqua to meet Monday

40.798347, -75.970851

STEP-Up Tamaqua will...

Reader Photo Galleries