Skip to main content

CO2 response displaces 2 people in Tamaqua

  • ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published December 09. 2010 05:00PM

Firefighters were called to 122 Center Street in Tamaqua just before 11 a.m. Tuesday for a report of CO2 odor coming from a coal furnace. In addition to unsafe CO2 levels, electrical and numerous other safety and code violations were cited to the landlord. Tamaqua's acting fire chief Tom Hartz Jr. condemned the building and contacted the Schuylkill Northumberland Chapter of the American Red Cross and Tamaqua Salvation Army to help the tenants with temporary lodging and other assistance. Both organizations, friends and family are also offering other assistance. No serious injuries were reported. The family and their two dogs are looking for another permanent place to stay.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Bombers get creative with parade floats

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Some of Palmerton’...

Man faces charges for shooting his dog

40.8014826, -75.6101867

Charges have been...

Extension hosts annual dinner

40.7986942, -75.8104747

The Carbon County Ex...

Reader Photo Galleries