Skip to main content

Veterans group seeks names of military who are deployed

Published October 05. 2009 02:55PM

The Carbon County Office of Veterans Affairs needs your help.

Henry Desrosiers, director of the office, is asking that anyone in Carbon County with a loved one in the military who is presently deployed in either Iraq or Afghanistan, to contact him with the service member's address.

Desrosiers explained the reason for the request is because he is assisting the Lions Club of Jim Thorpe and the board of directors of the Carbon County United Way, who are both running programs to support the troops.

"I would like the service member's address to make sure that both the Lions Club and board of directors of the United Way have a direct link to the soldiers from Carbon County," he said.

He added that if a family would not like to give out an address but would like to give information on the service member, other information he can accept includes the service member's unit, company, location where stationed, and APO address.

Information can be sent to Henry Desrosiers, Carbon County Veterans Affairs, 2 Hazard Square, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229; or call (570) 325-3986.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar


October 2017


Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries