Skip to main content

Schuylkill fire ruled accidental

Published October 27. 2009 05:00PM

A fire that gutted a Schuylkill County home early Saturday morning has been ruled accidental.

State police at Frackville said the fire occurred about 2:20 a.m. at 2982 Fairgrounds Road, in Butler Township, just outside Ashland. The home was occupied by Thompson MacLean, 42, Gail MacLean, 51, and Skyler MacLean, 19. Troopers said some occupants were injured when they were forced to jump from a porch roof. No other injuries were reported.

Fire marshal Trooper John Burns said the fire originated in the kitchen and was attributed to unattended cooking.

Damages were estimated at $100,000.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
  

Upcoming Events

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries