Skip to main content

On this date

Published October 22. 2009 05:00PM

Thomas Skrabak, age 11, a student in the room of Prof. James Lithgow, Coaldale, met with a distressing accident this afternoon when a dynamite cap exploded in his hands. Three-fingers were badly mutilated. He was rushed to the Coaldale hospital. Some youths found the cap on the banks of the culm creek and brought it to the school yard this afternoon, giving it to young Skrabak. He secured a wire nail and attempted to remove the contents when it exploded.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

November 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   
  

Twitter Feed

Nearby

Free Thanksgiving dinner

40.7998156, -75.6618547

Thanksgiving dinner...

Free community dinner planned

40.9241424, -75.3935318

Zion United Lutheran...

Over-60 Club of Palmerton to meet

40.8035349, -75.6063859

The Over-60 Club of...

Reader Photo Galleries