Skip to main content

Woodburner fire in Coaldale

  • 20091012-134304-pic-482032972.jpg
    ANDREW LEIBENGUTH/SPECIAL TO THE TIMES NEWS
Published October 12. 2009 05:00PM

Coaldale Fire Company was called to a small downstairs fire at 544 W. Water St., (Rt. 209) in Coaldale. An older live-in resident and firefighters extinguished the fire quickly before it became worse. Reportedly, wood caught fire when it was too close to a wood furnace. A resident was seen outside coughing as there was a noticeable amount of smoke inside the residence. Tamaqua's Fire Department was also called, but then recalled as the fire was quickly extinguished. No one appeared hurt. Coaldale Fire Police directed traffic around the area for the duration.

Classified Ads

Event Calendar

<<

October 2017

>>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    

Twitter Feed

Reader Photo Galleries