Election board prepares for upcoming election
The Carbon County Election Board put the finishing touches on preparations for the upcoming municipal election.
Last week, the board voted to appoint seven registered electors to serve as precinct election officials who will be filling vacancies in a number of districts.
The following Carbon County residents will serve as precinct election officials on Nov. 3:
• Beaver Meadows - John Tranguch, judge of elections.
• Franklin Township: Harrity - Brenda Eckley, judge of elections.
• Jim Thorpe Borough: Fourth - Erin Rae Joseph, judge of elections; Sharon Joseph, majority inpector.
• Lehigh Township - Ernie Stauffer, judge of elections.
• Palmerton Borough: West - Wendy M. Searfoss, judge of elections.
• Weissport Borough - Marsha Mertz, judge of elections.
In other matters, Timothy Benyo, director of the Carbon County Bureau of Elections, announced the voter registration totals for the upcoming election.
The total of eligible electors for the municipal election is 37,955. Of that total, 19,368 are Democrats; 13,969 are Republicans; 665 are Independents; 178 are Libertarians; and 3,775 are other parties.