'Santa Goes Green'
AMY ZUBEK/TIMES NEWS The cast of "Santa Goes Green" gets ready to sing a number during dress rehearsal this week. The 45-minute play by the Carbon/Schuylkill Community Theatre will be performed this weekend, Saturday and Sunday at the Lehighton Annex.
Carbon/Schuylkill Community Theatre presents "Santa Goes Green," a 45-minute musical for the entire family.
It's Christmastime at the North Pole, and everyone is excited about the commitment they have made to making this year an environmentally-friendly holiday. Everyone, that is, except the main attraction, Santa Claus. He just doesn't understand the whole "green" push and how it applies to him.
Throughout the musical, the other characters, led by the ever-wise Mrs. Claus, use song and dance to demonstrate to Santa why going green is good for everyone, including the jolly old elf himself.
Performances are at The Lehighton Annex Auditorium, 110 N. Third St. in Lehighton on Saturday, Dec 19 at 7 p.m. and again on Sunday, Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. All seats are $5. Tickets are available at the door.
Members involved in this year's holiday production are all from the Carbon & Schuylkill County area:
• Lehighton - Lauren Serbel, Teah Garrison, Jonathon Rodgers and Constance Cunningham.
• Coaldale - Lori Strauch, Susan Solt, LeAnn Labenburg and Luke Strauch.
• Jim Thorpe - Barb Maloney, Felician Konopka, Janet Sager, Jim Cimms, Michalina Konopka and Josiah Behrens.
• Nesquehoning, David Holmes and Megan Heckman.
• Weatherly - Lynea Reiner.