Nicole's tips for healthy eating
• Eat in Technicolor. The more color, the better.
• Eat whole grains.
• Dinner should be some protein and vegetables.
• Say NO to high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oil.
• Try not to eat carbs after 5 p.m.
• Try to eat a protein at every meal.
• Keep good snacks at hand; such as, hummus, fresh fruit and vegetables, Wasa crispbread, Laughing Cow Light Cheese, Skippy Natural peanut butter, raw almonds, sugar free Fudgesicles or Popsicles.
• It's not just about calories; it's the quality of the food. Eat a well-rounded, balanced diet, including vegetables, proteins and whole grains.