Franklin township fire fighters were called to a dwelling fire Friday afternoon along the 900 block of Hemlock Street. The alarm was sounded at 2:30 p.m. when residents reported a fire in their chimney. A quick response by firemen kept the damage to a minimum and the fire mostly contained to the chimney area. Fire personnel were on the roof using chimney chains to open up the clogged combustible material. Franklin Township fire police maintained traffic control at the scene while Lehighton paramedics stood by at the scene.