A quick response by area firefighters and the luck of having two units of the Lehighton power company in the area likely saved a Lehighton home Friday morning.
The fire was first reported at 9:30 a.m. when a female called the Carbon County Telecommunications Center (9-1-1) from 38 Lentz Avenue and reported her circuit breaker panel in her basement was in flames.
The workers from the Lehighton Light and Power Department checked the basement then cut the service to the dwelling.
Fire companies from Lehighton, Franklin township and Mahoning Valley responded to the scene, checking out the basement then placing ejection fans to air out the home.
No injuries were reported.
Lehighton fire police maintained traffic control at the scene.