Firefighters were called to 1045 Summer Valley Road in New Ringgold around 3 p.m. Thursday for a report of a structure fire with possible entrapment. When they arrived they noticed smoke filling the home. Reacting quickly, firefighters rushed to extinguish a garbage container on fire after a cigarette was accidentally dropped in it. The container was located next to the elderly homeowner's bed. New Ringgold Ambulance paramedics treated the elderly man while firefighters placed fans at multiple entry and exit points of the home to expel the smoke. Also responding were Pennsylvania State Police, New Ringgold Fire Company, Deer Lake Fire Company, New England Fire Company and others. No serious injuries were reported. Firefighters arrived to this smoke-filled house yesterday after an elderly man accidentally dropped his cigarette in a trash can next to his bed.