An explosion and fire at approximately 9 a.m. today at the American Legion Home, Lansford, resulted in extensive damage at the post home on Ridge Street. Electric power failure at the Legion home, caused by the severe ice storm, prompted using the Legion's gas auxiliary lighting system, which is believed responsible for the explosion. Doors and windows were blown out during the explosion. A fire which broke out was brought under control. Widespread power and phone outages resulted from the ice storm.