Firefighters were called to 226 Washington Street around 9:15 today in Tamaqua after the home-owner arrived from work to see his home filled with smoke. "Firefighters were quick to quell the smoke, which was coming from a malfunctioning furnace," said Tom Hartz, Tamaqua Fire Chief. Firefighters placed fans at various entry and exit points to the home. No injuries were reported in this incident. Also responding were Tamaqua Police, Tamaqua Ambulance and Tamaqua Fire Police. This home was also the location of a major fire on Wednesday December 23, 2009 that displaced eight people and killed two pets. Tamaqua firefighters carry large exhaust fans up steps leading to the smoke-filled home.