Workers replacing siding on the home of Neil Dorshimer early Friday afternoon in the Union Hill section of Franklin Township were among the first to notice smoke pouring from the four-room house across the street.
"They pounded on a window and informed us that the place across the street was on fire," said Dorshimer, who lives at at 321 Held St. "They said it was really burning."
The workers, from Russell Muffley Construction Company, were replacing siding on Dorshimer's home which recently received major storm damage.
Dorshimer, along with another neighbor, Bruce Strausberger, were the first to call 9-1-1 to report the fire.The home, a cement block ranch-style structure was filled with thick black smoke.
The owners of th