Firefighters were still on scene as of 10 a.m. today battling a fast-moving fire that gutted a two-unit apartment building and connected home located at 231 and 233 Coal Street in Port Carbon. Around 7:45 this morning, heavy smoke could be seen billowing from the duplex home. Lamar and Katrina Staller own the house at 231 Coal St. and live there with their daughter Becky, 14. Firefighters said two cats did not survive the fire. Officials on scene said that faulty wires in the first floor of 233 Coal St. were the cause of the blaze. No more information was available as of press time. Smoke could be seen for miles as firefighters responded to the three-unit duplex fire in Port Carbon this morning.