Leadership Carbon enjoyed a successful year with the unveiling of its newly revamped program. The Class of 2012 had 12 participants who did a tremendous job as a class and with their group project, "Guiding Carbon Youth to Inspire Community Growth."
Leadership Carbon is currently recruiting new members for the Class of 2013. The deadline for application submission is June 30, 2012. Interested individuals should request an application immediately or file online at www.leadershipcarbon.com .
Leadership Carbon is an adult leadership development program designed to cultivate leaders for the benefit of Carbon County's future. The nine-month program will meet the first Wednesday monthly from Sept. 2012 to May 2013. The leadership training program is headquartered at the Kovatch Training Center, Nesquehoning with some morning sessions meeting at various Carbon County locations.
The program seeks to increase Carbon County's resources and capacity by doing the following:
* identifying potential community leaders of diverse backgrounds
* developing their potential for and encouraging their acceptance of civic responsibilities and leadership
* exposing up and coming leaders to the structure, opportunities, and challenges in Carbon County
* opening significant dialogue among emerging and existing leaders
* building a realistic understanding of leadership roles, including the problems and implications of leadership
* placing new leaders in local leadership roles