A former McAdoo man was in the court of District Judge Stephen Bayer, Tamaqua, on Thursday for a preliminary hearing on charges related to the alleged sexual assaults of a former friend's children.

Clark E. Mead Jr., 28, who had moved to Gouldsboro and then Florida after the alleged incidents, had all of the charges against him bound over for court trial after Judge Bayer heard testimony from the two alleged victims. Mead, represented by Atty. Christopher Reidlinger, did not testify at the hearing.

The incidents are alleged to have occurred between August 2005 and June 2006, when the victims were four and five years old, when Mead was living with the boys and their mother.

The younger male, now 10 years old, took the stand first and testified that Mead had forced him to have oral and anal sex with him while the mother was at work. He also testified to seeing Mead perform the same acts with his brother. The older brother, now 11, also recounted multiple times when he had oral and anal sex with Mead.

Both boys testified they were afraid to tell their mother as Mead had threatened to hurt them if they told anyone. Neither child could pinpoint a specific day on which any of the incidents might have occurred. The younger boy said his brother eventually told their mother about the incidents and she then "kicked him (Mead) out of the house." The older brother said he told his mother about Mead's actions three times, but she didn't believe him the first two.

Mead was charged with six counts each of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a child, as well as two counts each of corruption of minors and child endangerment. The charges were filed after McAdoo Police were alerted to the situation by a caseworker from Schuylkill County Children and Youth on Sept. 9, 2011. Mead had been living in Florida with his mother at the time and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He agreed to waive an extradition hearing, clearing the way for his return to Pennsylvania.

Judge Bayer found there was enough evidence presented to prove a prima fascia case and ordered bail to remain at $100,000 straight cash bond.

Mead was unable to post bail and was returned to the Schuylkill County Prison.