A family of five and their pets are displaced after a fire ripped through their home's walls and spread to the attic Sunday evening at 654 S. Kennedy Drive (SR309), in McAdoo.
The home was occupied by the Yost family. The owner of the property is Robert Kalinchok of Hazleton.
The home is part of a duplex, attached to 656 S. Kennedy Drive. Two people at that address, including Gali McNeil, are also displaced due to electrical concerns. Both families are tenants and were in the process of moving.
The fire, which occurred during the telecast of the Super Bowl, was quick to spread, as the entire street was filled with smoke and the home's walls were glowing orange from the fire.
Firefighters had the fire under control within 30 minutes.
Witnesses on scene pointed out that the fire company had the ladder truck staged and water on the fire within five minutes of the alarm, stressing that all the responding f