Firefighters were called to a Tresckow home around 3 a.m. Saturday morning after neighbors saw smoke eminating from the windows, walls and sides of the property, located on the first block of Oak Street. The cause was determined to be a malfunctioning furnace. Adjacent neighbors pointed out that the no one lives at the home. Firefighters checked the chimney and placed large fans and numerous exit points to the home. Responding were firefighters from Tresckow, Weatherly, McAdoo, Hometown and others. No injuries were reported.