Family Promise is planning a Carbon County wide dress-down day to raise awareness and funds for Family Promise. Organizers are asking businesses and individuals to organize a change in your dress code for a day by either dressing down, dressing up or dressing special depending on your organizations' individual situations. Funds are raised by asking participants to make donation in order to participate.
Every school, agency, business and individual in Carbon County is invited to join in making this day a fundraising success.
The theme for your day can be in accord with your organizations business and location. The mode of dress need not interfere with work output nor upset or clash with the image of the participating organization or employer.
Dress themes for consideration include:
* Vest Day - everyone wears a vest of some description
* Dress Down - relaxed dress code (no uniform day)
* Jeans Day - everyone wears jeans
* Dress Up - all dress better than normal
* ºColor Day- everyone wears the same color
* Students dress like your teacher…or teachers dress like your students.
Homeless Awareness Dress Down Day is a fun and easy way for youth and adults to fundraise and build awareness of homelessness in our county. Donations collected will go to Family Promise of Carbon County.
Participating in Family Promise Homeless Awareness Dress Down Day is rewarding and simple.
* Mark your calendar for February 15th, 2013.
* Choose an appropriate dress theme.
* And an appropriate donation amount (e.g. $10, $7, $5, $3 $1) to participate.
* Post the event flyer provided on bulletin board and email to other possible participants.
* Participating businesses/schools and organizations will be recognized on our website.
Before Family Promise started helping homeless families in Carbon County who wished to remain together were "on their own" many relying on friends or family for assistance. These situations are extremely stressful and are only temporary solutions.
Family Promise offers a much better solution because Family Promise Works.
In the first six months of operation six families, 10 children, entered the program "homeless" and now are living independently once again.
With a budget of only $87,000 Family Promise brings over $225,000 of services providing temporary housing, transportation, food and hospitality to qualified Carbon County families in need.
Any business, school or organization which would like to participate is asked to watch for details posted on the Family Promise website at www.familypromisecarboncounty.com . Those who are not able to participate in the dress down, can still help by making a tax deductible donation there too.
For additional information, call Bob Fatzinger, director of Family Promise at (610) 379-4757 or contact Bob Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org  or call (267) 671-7035.