Residents living on the 200 block of East High Street in Coaldale awoke early this morning to the sound of shattered glass. They looked outside to see a car ablaze.
The incident, which occurred around 4 a.m., was ruled an arson by both Coaldale police and Coaldale Fire Chief Rich Marek.
Patrolman Scott Cramer said it appears that someone threw a brick through the driver's side window and used a gasoline bomb, also known as a Molotov Cocktail, to set the car ablaze.
He added that neighbors were quick to respond and used water to douse the flames before the fire could spread to nearby vehicles or homes.
The car, a gold Mercury Sable, is registered to Janine McFadden, of Summit Hill.
Coaldale firefighters and fire police also responded. Marek and police are still investigating and encourage anyone to call 911 if they have any information concerning this incident.