A Monroe County home was destroyed by fire late Thursday night along Beltzville Drive in Polk Township.
The fire was first reported at 11 p.m. when passers-by spotted flames in a remote area just to the north of the roadway. The home is hidden from view from the road.
Fire companies from several Monroe and Carbon counties responded to the scene and found the dwelling fully involved in flames when they arrived. Due to the remote location of the scene, water had to be tanked into the site.
Firefighters played water on a propane tank which was leaking, sending flames into the night sky.
No injuries were reported in the incident. The home is a total loss. It is not known if the home was occupied.