This month's local TV report by Senator David Argall takes an in-depth look at the Reading, Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad in Port Clinton. The conversation highlights the launch of the business, the current state of the railroad industry and future plans for expansion.
"We continue to focus on employers who are not only maintaining local jobs, but are continually expanding in this difficult economy," said Argall. "Reading, Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad began with two people and an idea that has grown into over 150 local good paying jobs. My conversation with Andy (Muller) highlights how a business can grow and adapt to new industries and trends to meet customer demand. Reading and Northern's modernization and adaptation to the business climate make them a leader in the railroad industry."
The Reading, Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad began with a thirteen-mile railroad connecting Hamburg to Temple in 1983. By the turn of the century, they owned 315 miles of railroad. They are currently the largest privately owned railroad in Pennsylvania.
The program will air on:
· Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
· Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 Get Local Government State Senate.
· Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m..
· Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
· The program is also available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton's WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.