Fire companies from Lansford, Coaldale and Tamaqua responded to a fire call just after 11 a.m. Tuesday morning at 10-12 E. Abbott St. in Lansford. Arriving first on the scene was Lansford Chief of Police John Turcmanovich who informed responding fire units of a smoke condition in the residence. Firefighters soon discovered the smoke to be from a motor of a washing machine located in the rear of the dwelling. Lansford fire police maintained traffic control at the scene. The house belongs to Arthur R. Williams.