Firefighters were called to 154 E. Walter Street in Summit Hill just after 3 p.m. Saturday after the home became filled with heavy smoke.
Not knowing the cause, firefighters entered and searched for any sign of fire. Upon further investigation, officials determined it to be burnt chicken.
Firefighters placed large exhaust fans at multiple exit and entry ways to expel the heavy smoke. Responding in addition to Summit Hill police, were firefighters from Summit Hill, Lansford and Coaldale fire company. Summit Hill, Lansford and Coaldale fire police also responded.
Firefighters helped board up one of the windows, which was smashed open. No injuries or serious damage as reported.