Firefighters in Lansford were quick to stop a kitchen fire at 240 West Bertsch St. around 10:30 p.m. yesterday.

Black smoke could be seen emanating out of a top story window as firefighters were seen using thermal imaging cameras to trace hotspots.

Fans were also placed at exit and entry points to expel the black smoke. Joe Greco, assistant fire chief, Lansford Fire Company, said, "Damage was limited to a portion of the kitchen behind the stove and ceiling."

Responding in addition to Lansford Police, were fire companies and fire police from Lansford, Summit Hill, Coaldale and Tamaqua. No serious injuries were reported.