Tamaqua firefighters were called to 216 Patterson St. just after 8 a.m. this morning for a report of smoke in a structure and outlet fire. When they arrived, they noticed the smoke emanating from a power socket in the living room. Earlier, homeowner Toni Antoinette Miller, who uses medical oxygen, heard a pop and then noticed flames shoot up her wall toward her curtains. She quickly stomped out the fire and called 911. She also removed her pets from the home. One witness stated, "Thank god Toni was home to notice the fire, or her whole house would have burned." No serious injuries were reported and the power was shut off awaiting a secondary electrical inspection. Firefighters placed exhaust fans to expel the smoke. Lansford Ambulance, Tamaqua Police and fire police responded. In photo firefighters place exhaust fans to expel the smoke.