Firefighters from the New England and Tamaqua fire companies responded to an automatic alarm call at 3:16 this morning from the home of Robert Lemasters at 668 Valley Road in Lewistown Valley. Upon arriving, firefighters noticed smoke emanating from the home. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames. The fire appeared to start accidentally from a pile of newspapers. Firefighters used exhaust fans to pull all the smoke outside the home. No injuries were reported. Tamaqua's South Ward and East Fire Company and New England Fire Company responded. The incident is still being investigated.