Want to bake like a pro? Here are tips from Food Network's Anne Burrell to help you achieve better results:
1. Measure up. Use a liquid measuring cup for liquids and a dry measure for flour, sugar and other dry ingredients. Baking is all about precision.
2. Preheat your oven. This the No. 1 step in every baking recipe and the No. 1 step that everybody skips. You can't overestimate the importance of preheating the oven.
3. Prepare your pans. Before you start a recipe, flour, butter and sugar your pans or whatever is called for. And a little parchment paper in the bottom of your cake pan avoids sticking problems, making it much easier to get the cake out.
4. Choose the right tools for the right job. Rubber spatulas get every last bit out of a bowl or pan. Sturdy spoons are just right for stirring. A microplane makes quick work of grating lemons, oranges and chocolate.
5. Silicon bake ware is your best friend. You can heat it up to any temperature, it's reusable and you can throw it in the dishwasher when you're done.
For more information, visit www.foodnetwork.com .