Lansford firefighters responded to a duplex home located at 235-237 East Ridge St. for a house fire just before 8 p.m. Friday.

When they arrived, they noticed smoke in both homes and determined the cause to be a malfunctioning oil burner motor, which was burning and emitting smoke, at the 237 address. Firefighters used a CO2 extinguisher on the motor and placed large exhaust fans at exit points to both homes to expel the smoke and minor traces of CO. No injuries were reported. Lansford Fire Police directed traffic away from the scene.