American Hose and East End fire companies were called to a section of three row homes located at 308-312 E. Broad St. (SR209) in Tamaqua after smoke detectors in two of the homes started going off. Affected families were temporarily evacuated during the search. Although visible smoke wasn't present a strong burning odor was permeating throughout the homes. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera (TIC) to inspect the homes. Fans were used to expel the odor and help direct the odor to better trace its origin. Firefighters also accessed the roof to check the chimneys. After an hour-long search firefighters traced the source to a melting heating vent in 312 E. Broad St. No injuries were reported. Tamaqua Fire Police redirected traffic around the area.