Around 6:30 p.m. on Monday volunteer firefighters from the Tamaqua Fire Department were called to a double-home located at 201 and 203 Market St. as a result of heavy smoke and small fire that started in an upstairs apartment of 203 Market St. Reportedly the fire and smoke started accidentally when someone was soldering pipe around the upstairs insulation. Firefighters quickly responded and removed the burning insulation as well as controlling adjacent hotspots. An exhaust fan was also used to expel the smoke. No one appeared hurt. Volunteers from the fire police redirected traffic until the scene was cleared.