Just before 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Tamaqua firefighters were called to a stove fire at apartment building at 205 Schuylkill Ave.
The home's tenants managed to extinguish the fire prior to the firefighters' arrival. Firefighters placed fans at exit points to the home.
During the investigation, Tamaqua's Assistant Fire Chief Tom Hartz Jr. noted a number of serious safety and sanitary concerns consisting of unusually high occupancy, defective electrical switches, broken glass, non-working or present CO2/smoke detectors, as well as child welfare concerns.
Reportedly, 11 people consisting of five adults and six children, all aged three or under, were all living in the home.
Tamaqua code enforcement and child-welfare are expected to follow-up with the investigation this week.
No one was injured during the incident.
Tamaqua fire police directed traffic around Schuylkill Avenue for the response.