Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, the Coaldale Fire Department was called to a home located at 39 West Lehigh St. for a strange odor emanating from areas of the home. The other half of the home, 41 West Lehigh St., was also tested and their coal furnace was found to be the source of the dangerous CO2 levels. Coaldale Fire Chief Rich Marek stated the CO2 levels in the top of one of the homes could have been lethal since the reading reached more than 200. Firefighters placed fans at exits to both homes. Lansford Ambulance also responded. No one appeared injured. Coaldale Fire Police closed Lehigh Street during the response.