Coaldale Fire Company was called to a small downstairs fire at 544 W. Water St., (Rt. 209) in Coaldale. An older live-in resident and firefighters extinguished the fire quickly before it became worse. Reportedly, wood caught fire when it was too close to a wood furnace. A resident was seen outside coughing as there was a noticeable amount of smoke inside the residence. Tamaqua's Fire Department was also called, but then recalled as the fire was quickly extinguished. No one appeared hurt. Coaldale Fire Police directed traffic around the area for the duration.