Tamaqua and Northwestern both scored wins over local rivals on the boys soccer scene.
In other action, Pleasant Valley and Lehighton were field hockey winners, while the Jim Thorpe and Tamaqua cross country teams went 3-1 and Panther Valley pulled off a sweep.
Davide DeFiore's hat-trick and assist highlighted Tamaqua's 7-1 Schuylkill League victory over Jim Thorpe.
Lance Williams recorded two goals and two assists for the Blue Raiders, while Eric Bachert finished with a single score. Teammate Billy Breiner added an assist.
Mitch Franko posted the Olympians' lone goal.
Tamaqua held a 13-3 edge on shots. Zack Lakitsky (two saves) and Tyler Cimino (no saves) split time in front of the Blue Raiders' net, while Matt McCauley grabbed five saves for the Olympians.
East Stroudsburg South blanked Lehighton 3-0 in MVC play.
Brandon Rode had two goals and an assist to lead the Cavs (5-8-2). Teammate Austin Eyer had the other goal.
Northwestern got the best of Palmerton for a 5-0 Colonial League victory.
Luke Stuby, Trevor Lear, James Hoover, Curtis Cappuccino and Timothy East all scored for the Tigers.
Pocono Mountain West-Pleasant Valley
The Bears upped their record to 10-3-1 overall and 6-2-1 in the MVC with a 3-0 win over the Panthers.
Ricky Forte, Malik Krcic and Jadon Plant scored the goals for the winners, while Ryan Habick and Emiliano Furtado added assists.
Mike Cimino had two saves in goal for the Bears, while Zac Martin had nine saves for the Cardinals. The Bears owned a 12-4 edge in shots on goal.
Four different players scored as Pleasant Valley cruised to a 7-1 Mountain Valley Conference win over Pocono Mountain West.
Felecia Domenici, Kelsey McGarvey and Kristin Hart paced the Bears with two goals. McGarvey also was credited with an assist.
Katie Forte added a single goal for PV, while Cathryn Chafzar contributed two assists. Allison Heckman and Laura Ellis finished with an assist.
The Panthers' Zyare Croder spoiled the shutout with a second half goal.
Jordan Berger and Hannah Bard combined for four saves between the PV (7-5-1 overall; 6-2-1 MVC) posts, while PMW's Taylor Vallaincourt finished with four.
Vanessa Rimby scoreda pair of goals and Sarah Keer added the other to lead the Indians to a 3-0 victory over East Stroudsburg South.
Rachel Werley added an assist for the Tribe (9-0 MVC). Sarah Snyder had four saves in goal for Lehighton. The Indians also held a 16-4 edge in shots on goal.
Minersville-Pine Grove-Jim Thorpe
Jim Thorpe's cross country teams combined to go 3-1 against Schuylkill League foes Minersville and Pine Grove.
The local boys had eight runners finish in the top ten. Sam Lux, Dave Barrientos, Matt Curran, Sean Boyd and Josh Williams finished 1-2-3-4-5, while Adam Dachowicz (7th), Chris Boyd (8th) and Jay Marzden (9th) rounded out the top finishers.
Lizz Klotz led the Lady Olympians with a second-place finish. Her time was 23:50. Teammates Erin Bucci (3rd) and Tyra Brown (8th) also finished in the top ten.
Jim Thorpe 15, Minersville 50; Jim Thorpe 14, Pine Grove 48
1. Sam Lux (JT) 18:28, 2. Dave Barrientos (JT) 18:45, 3. Matt Curran (JT) 19:21, 4. Sean Boyd (JT), 5. Josh Williams (JT), 6. Pat Lally (PG), 7. Adam Dachowicz (JT), 8. Chris Boyd (JT), 9. Jay Marzden (JT), 10. Mark Doyle (M).
Jim Thorpe 26, Pine Grove 29; Minersville 23, Jim Thorpe 29
1. Kelsey Mitchell (M) 23:09, 2. Lizz Klotz (JT) 23:50, 3. Erin Bucci (JT) 24:22, 4. Emily Oakhill (M), 5. Jackie Williams (M), 6. Courtney Hill (M), 7. Jayden Nagle (PG), 8. Tyra Brown (JT), 9. Laura Hunyara (M), 10. Alicia Kimmel (PG).
Shenandoah Valley-Panther Valley
In a Schuylkill League dual meet, it was Panther Valley scoring a complete sweep over Shenandoah Valley.
On the boys' side, the Panthers posted themselves a 18-44 win over the Blue Devils. Meanwhile, the Lady Panthers knocked off their counterpart for a 19-36 victory.
Kyle Picht paced a pack of Panthers as he crossed the finish line first in a time of 18:34. Teammates Kyle Smith and Justin Christman finished right behind him in second and fourth. Keith Cheadle (sixth), Morgan Jones (seventh) and John Susko (ninth) all grabbed themselves top-10 finishes for PV.
The Lady Panthers' Sindle Griffiths also posted herself a first place finish in a time of 22:49. Teammates Shannon Phillips (third), Alyssa Marshall (fourth), Olivia Markovich (fifth) and Abby Markovich (sixth) all finished with in a one-minute, 10-seconds of each other.
Panther Valley 18, Shenandoah Valley 44
1. Kyle Picht (PV) 18:34, 2. Kyle Smith (PV) 19:22, 3. Steve Dziedziak (SV) 19:32, 4. Justin Christman (PV) 20:05, 5. Omar Cabrera (PV) 20:33, 6. Keith Cheadle (PV), 7. Morgan Jones (PV), 8. Aaron Bekisz (SV), 9. John Susko (PV), 10. Zack Lewis (SV).
Panther Valley 19, Shenandoah Valley 36
1. Sindle Griffiths (PV) 22:49, 2. Natasha Deangelo (SV) 23:10, 3. Shannon Phillips (PV) 25:47, 4. Alyssa Marshall (PV) 25:51, 5. Olivia Markovich (PV) 26:25, 6. Abby Markovich (PV), 7. Molly Carduff (SV), 8. Jennifer Kalenkoski (SV), 9. Janine Paskey (SV), 10. Jess Appelgate (SV).
In a Schuylkill tri-meet, Tamaqua suffered a mere defeat while compiling three wins on the day against Mahanoy Area and North Schuylkill.
The Blue Raiders finished 2-0 with a 26-32 win over the Spartans and a 21-36 victory over the Golden Bears. Meanwhile, the Lady Raiders posted a 19-42 win over the Golden Bears, while dropping a 20-35 victory to the Lady Spartans, who with the sweep captured the Division II title.
Ricky Clemson paced the Blue Raiders with a first-place finish, while teammates Tyler Kline (fourth) and Philip Christman (fifth) finished with top-five finishes.
Amber Carroll continued her winning ways with another first place finish for the Lady Raiders. Teammates Dana Ansbach, Cecily Kohlmeir and Colleen Roroke finished eight, ninth and 10th respectively.
Tamaqua 26, North Schuylkill 32; Tamaqua 21, Mahanoy Area 36; North Schuylkill 23, Mahanoy Area 34
1. Brendan Shearn (NS) 17:15, 2. Ricky Clemson (T) 18:07, 3. Saxon Emery (NS) 18:25, 4. Tyler Kline (T) 18:37, 5. Philip Christman (T) 19:14, 6. Kevin Piaskowski (NS), 7. Todd Techentine (MA), 8. Doug Wells (MA), 9. Joe Rudy (T), 10. Mark Swokel (MA), 11. Ben Tuckett (T), 12. John Scheitrum (T), 13. Matt Rupert (MA), 14. Dave Deeter (NS), 15. Seth Epler (T).
North Schuylkill 20, Tamaqua 35; North Schuylkill 15, Mahanoy Area 47; Tamaqua 19, Mahanoy Area 42
1. Amber Carroll (T) 20:44, 2. Megan O'Keefe (NS) 21:05, 3. Caitlyn Deeter (NS) 21:11, 4. Kayla Bolinsky (NS) 21:18, 5. Jordan Zelechoski (NS) 21:29, 6. Diane Lindenmuth, 7. Erin Techentine (MA), 8. Dana Ansbach (T), 9. Cecily Kohlmeir (T), 10. Colleen Rorke (T), 11. Jessica Leiby (T), 12. Shelby Weikel (NS), 13. Rachael Burke (MA), 14. Dominique Reinoehl (NS), 15. Alison Cantwell (NS).
In a Schuylkill League tri-meet, Weatherly ran off the course on the ends of a split with Nativity and Blue Mountain.
The Wreckers scored a 15-50 victory over the Hilltoppers, but ended up dropping an identical 15-50 score to Blue Mountain.
All five scoring Wreckers finished in one huge pack as Chris Lafey, Michael Embick, Alex Sirkot, Matt Cacesse and Lucas Rinker finished 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th respectively.
Blue Mountain 15, Weatherly 50; Weatherly 15, Nativity 50
1. Tyler Rauenzahn (BM) 18:33, 2. Kyle O'Brien (BM) 19:01, 3. Kyle Heuffner (BM) 19:44, 4. Bryan Schaeffer (BM) 20:32, 5. Shaun Schaeffer (BM) 20:55, 6. Adam Seibert (BM), 7. Wesley Gehman (BM), 8. Mark Stock (BM), 9. Dakota Ramos (BM), 10. Ben Forbes (BM), 11. Chris Lafey (W), 12. Michael Embick (W), 13. Alex Sirkot (W), 14. Matt Cacesse (W), 15. Lucas Rinker (W).
Mountain Valley Conference Golf Tournament
Last Thursday, Lehighton walked away from Mountain Valley Conference Tournament with a second-place finish only to be ousted by eventual tourney champion Stroudsburg.
Nick Mantz was the lone Indian to grab himself a medal. Mantz finished with the gold medal in the third flight as he carded a flight-low of 93.
Pleasant Valley finished tied for fifth with East Stroudsburg in the overall team standings. Bobby Nagy shot a Bears-low 86 on the second flight.
1. Stroudsburg 490, 2. Lehighton 527, 3. PM East 538, 4. PM West 544, 5. Pleasant Valley and ES South 577, 6. ES North 611
Gold - Mark Brooks (PM West) 72, Silver - Mitch Bartholomew (ES South) 75, Rich Eilenberger (Stroudsburg) 77
Local finishers - Dave Behler (Lehighton) 80, Brendan McCullian (Lehighton) 81
Gold - Reggie James (ES South) 75, Silver - Ken Dixon (ES North) 78, Bronze - Nick Tanacredi (PM West) 80
Local finishers - Jeff Newman (Lehighton) 86, Brad Bickert (Lehighton) 86, Alex Kaye (Pleasant Valley) 88, Bryan Baumgartner (Pleasant Valley) 102
Golf - Evan Freach (PM West) 79, Silver - Jamie Ficco (PM East) 81, Bronze - Connor Huck (ES North) 81
Local finishers - Bobby Nagy (Pleasant Valley) 86, Kyle Adamonis (Pleasant Valley) 93, Cole Rex (Lehighton) 101
Gold - Nick Mantz (Lehighton) 93, Silver - Bryan Boesenberg (PM West) 96, Nick Severino (ES North) 100
Local finishers - Katie Kenny (Pleasant Valley) 104, Peter Luisi (Pleasant Valley) 104