Tucked between Weatherly and Jim Thorpe lies the lost town of Lausanne Landing.
Some may know of Lausanne Township, which was created in 1808 when Penn Township was divided into East Penn, West Penn and Lausanne.
At one time, Lausanne Township contained Rockport, Weatherly, Clifton, Penn Haven and Buck Mountain.
The township became smaller and smaller as portions of it were set off for Mauch Chunk in 1827, Banks in 1842, Packer in 1847 and Weatherly in 1863. The largest portion was relinquished to Lehigh Township in 1875.