Alumni from St. Ann's School, Lansford, held their final reunion on Aug. 28 at LaCasa Dolce, Tamaqua. Approximately 100 people attended the reunion traveling from as far as Colorado.
St. Ann's School opened in the church basement on Aug. 24, 1917 with the Rev. Hugh J. Bowen serving as the first pastor.
In 1921, the Rev. James B. McGarry became the new pastor at St. Ann's. He began making plans for a new school. St. Ann's parish purchased the property of Edward Thomas at 40 E. Bertsch St. and on May 10, 1924, a contract was signed to begin the construction of a new school.