Pine Street (SR309) in Tamaqua was closed for about 45 minutes around 3 p.m. yesterday while firefighters responded to a possible structure fire at 426 Pine St. When they arrived, they noticed dark smoke coming out of the chimney. Firefighters traced the cause to a malfunctioning furnace. No serious injuries were reported. In addition to Tamaqua Police and Tamaqua Ambulance, all Tamaqua fire companies responded. Tamaqua Fire Police volunteers detoured Pine Street traffic through Elm Street and down Schuylkill Avenue.
Chimney fire closes SR309 in Tamaqua
Tuesday, March 19, 2013