Blue Mountain Ski Area's got the Blues.
Only it's not a case of the doldrums, but, rather, the feeling of euphoria marked by the return of the Pennsylvania Blues Festival.
The festival will feature 15 national acts on two stages over three days, tonight through Sunday, at the ski area near Palmerton.
This year's event marks the third year it will emanate from Blue Mountain. Prior to that, the Pocono Blues Festival was held at Big Boulder Ski Area in Kidder Township from 1992 to 2010.
Michael Cloeren, founder and producer of the festival, said he, along with the staff, are especially excited by the prospects of this year's event.
"Our goal was to make the lineup a little bit more eclectic, even more than it was the last few years," Cloeren said. "You don't have to be a fan of Blues music to have fun at this festival."
Cloeren said the objective is three-fold: Get acts with recognizable names; get artists who perform rarely east of the Mississippi, and get artists even knowledgeable Blues fans might have heard of but never seen before.
Some of the headliners at this year's festival include Robert Randolph, as well as Ivan Neville.
In addition, there will be Indoor Night Jams Friday and Saturday; scenic lift rides, food, and specialty vendors.
Also, on-site camping is available, with RV's, Pop-Ups, tents, and trailers welcome. The campsite opened at noon on Friday, and closes at noon on Monday.
- John Primer, 1-2:15 p.m.
- The Soul Rebels, 2:45-4 p.m.
- Sista Monica, 4:30-5:45 p.m.
- The Slide Brothers, 6:15-7:30 p.m.
Presenting Robert Randolph, featuring Chuch Campbell, Darick Campbell, Calvin Cooke and Aubrey Ghent.
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band, 8-9-9:30 p.m.
- Guy Davis, 2-3 p.m.
- Meet the Pa Blues Festival Artists, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Interviews and autograph opportunities.
- John Primer, 5-6 p.m.
- Guy Davis, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- The Soul Rebels, 8-9:30 p.m.
- The Alexis P Suter Band, noon-1:15 p.m.
- Johnny Rawls, 1:45-3 p.m.
- Ivan Neville's Dumphstaphunk, 3:30-4:45 p.m.
- Ruthie Foster, 5:15-6:30 p.m.
- Bobby Rush, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Warner Williams & Jay Summerour, 12:20-1:30 p.m.
- Electro-Fi Records Showcase, 2-4 p.m. with Harrison Kennedy, Diana Braithwaite, and Chris Whitely
- Bobby Rush, 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Warner Williams & Jay Summerour, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- The Alexis P Suter Band, 7-8:30 p.m.
For more information, call (610) 826-7700, or visit www.skibluemtn.com.