Citizen's Fire Company of Tamaqua has announced the winners of its annual parade held recently. Awards were given out in various categories.
During the trophy presentations, the Tom Hartz Sr. Award was presented to the McAdoo Fire Company. Thomas "Tom" Hartz Sr., who volunteered over 50 active years with the Citizen's Fire Company, passed away March of 2010
Parade winners were:
- Most Functional 1750 GPM and over: 1st: Schuylkill Hose Company, Schuylkill Haven. 2nd: West End Fire Company, Mahanoy City. 3rd: Tuscarora Fire Company. 4th: Goodwill Fire Company, Pottsville. 5th: McAdoo Fire Company.
- Most Functional 1500 GPM and over: New Ringgold Fire Company.
- Most Functional 1250 GPM and over: 1st: East End Fire Company, Palo Alto. 2nd: West Penn Fire Company.
- Most Functional Tanker/Pumper: 1st: Walker Township/New England Fire Company. 2nd: Polish American Fire Company, Shenandoah.
- Most Functional Tanker: Weatherly Fire Company.
- Most Functional Aerial Device with Pumper: McAdoo Fire Company.
- Most Functional Aerial Device without Pumper: Citizen's Fire Company, Mahanoy City.
- Most Functional Rescue: 1st: West End Fire Company, Mahanoy City. 2nd: West Penn Fire Company.
- Most Functional Brush Truck: 1st: Shartlesville Fire Company. 2nd: McAdoo Fire Company
- Most Functional Specialty Vehicle: West End Fire Company Dive Unit, Mahanoy City.
- Most Functional BLS Ambulance: McAdoo Fire Company.
- Best Overall Company, Tom Hartz Sr. Memorial Award: McAdoo Fire Company.
- Lieutenants Choice (Jack O'Brien Memorial Award): Coaldale Fire Company.
- Special Judges Award: Tom Bretz and Son.
- KME Award Best Appearing and Equipped: Nesquehoning Fire Company.