When Eleanor Arieta read about the hat display at the Palmerton Area Heritage Center, she immediately offered her special hat to be added to the display. She paid $8.95 for the hat at Bright's in Lansford. She was married in the hat on Feb. 2, 1952, but it wasn't until a few years later that it became a thing of beauty. Her husband, an avid hunter, shot a colorful pheasant. He skinned it and they dried the feathers on newspaper. He found Irene Hanna from Lansford, who covered Eleanor's hat with the feathers in 1957, for a fee of $5. Venita Horinko, Joanne Harris and Marianne Smelas, volunteers at the center, admire this display of millinery artistry. Arieta's hat, and all the others on display, can be viewed until the end of July at the Palmerton Area Heritage Center, 410 Delaware Ave., Palmerton. Hours are Wednesdays 1 until 4:30 p.m., Thursdays 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., Fridays noon until 4 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.