What a way to show off their business acumen.
Their keen sense of judgement certainly aided a group of Palmerton Area High School students at the recent Future Business Leaders of America Regional Competition.
This past December, the students went to East Stroudsburg University to receive their results and compete in performance events at the regional competition, said FBLA co-advisor Jennifer Danzeisen.
Danzeisen said performance tests included Public Speaking I, II, Client Service, Job Interview, and Business Ethics.
Region 21 is comprised of Lehighton, Stroudsburg, East Stroudsburg, Pleasant Valley, and Palmerton high schools, said Danzeisen, who added that over 400 students attended the event.
Students from Palmerton who placed and will move on to the FBLA state competition in April are as follows:
- Accounting, Charles Debski, fourth place.
- Business Procedures, Ryan Reitz, second; Ali Quinn, third.
- Computer Applications, Laurel Seemiller, first; Jessica Pereira, second; Maddy Mummey, third.
- Client Service, Abbeyrose Emes, first
- Database, Morgan Mummey, first; Owen Miller, second.
- Hospitality, Gabby Alban, fourth.
- Introduction to Business, Cowan Unger, third.
- Introduction to Business Communication, Katy Parsons, second.
- Introduction to Technology Concepts, Seth Andress, first.
- Job Interview, Jessica Debski, first.
- Word Processing I, Brittany Hunzer, first.
- Word Processing II, Lyndsey Nemeth, first; Abby Reimer, third.
- Special Recognition, Business Ethics, third place, Emy Rasim, Devon Santos, and Ben Everett.